Tuesday 13 December 2011

Theory and Philosophy

K, Anders Ericsson - Are Genuises Born or Made?


According to these  links, there are secrets of Polyglots and Savants, I wrote a piece called 'Osmosis and Hypnosis in Language Learning' which I imagine is one secret to learning a language, I imagine I have an uncanny skill with languages which is why I don't demonstrate K.Anders theory that you can make genuises and not be born as one, because I was naturally good at them, but with further quirks I became even better, even Polyglots have their limitations.
Although now as a result of expanding my knowledge and intwining the knowledge of Languages, I BELIEVE because of using the left-side of my brain for quite a long time and creativity at the same time (right) with poetry, I have initiated a new found knowledge over time and as my knowledge increaes, so does my retention, which is fascinating.

Obviously there are those who keep you behind as a polyglot, for instance University courses sometimes are too slow and keep you lagging behind and don't suit everyone's needs as they go at a pace fit for every single student, not just ONE.
I prefer going at a pace that suits me, I have demonstrated that this is the only way I work, otherwise if I go at a pace which doesn't (equal to everyone), I get preoccupied and fail, not always, but it happens, so basically keeping you behind is the word.

I completed my BTEC National Diploma in 1 year (alone a 2 year course) with another 2 qualifications and a 16 hour job, despite this I functioned and completed the set task, of course no reward, because of the fact that no-one understands or promotes my abilities.
I am not being smug or snobbish, but from my observation, I have noticed this, obviously because my school was a very poor school, so was my college, my University was going at a pace which I didn't find comfortable almost too slow, so I dabbled in other things and this overall destroyed my original plan for that University, despite me doing all the work, but I wanted to bite off more than I could chew, because I was capable.

I am capable, although no-one promotes my ability and there is not the facilities for people like me, espicially in a recession when they are making cutbacks.
Also suffering from a disability, which I will not name, like Daniel Tammet, perhaps not the same, but I feel indefinitely that I have a very light form of what he has, I have an interest in languages, I can learn so many at once, I think this particular disability which I will not name has made it possible for me to be a near-polyglot in under 3 years.

I hope to continue and learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment