Sunday 4 December 2011

(Biology) Dentistry and Medicine -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skull 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphenoid_bone


Human Skull

The Sphenoid bone is fascinating because it protects the organs underneath, I have had two bumps on my 'frontal bone' and concentration issues through pressing against my Sphenoid bone, through pressing on the Sphenoid bone I have been able to concentrate and focus better, how that happened, I'm not sure... :)

The Truth about Getting Sick in America

*The United States spends more than twice as much as all industrialized countries, yet, it still is the only one that does not provide basic health care for it's citizens, (September 2011).
*Life Expectancy in USA is 78.1 in years
*Timothy Johnson MD Quote mentioning someone in US health system "I constructed a 5 year payment plan whilst my wife was in labour"
*Neurosurgeon's make approx $600,000 dollars a year.
*VA System - Veteran System of Healthcare is excellent.

Regions of Human Brain



*Parietal Lobe
*Temporal Lobe
*Occipital Lobe
*Cerebellum
*Frontal Lobe 


Do we Lose our Imagination as we get Older?

http://worldsstrongestlibrarian.com/2268/your-imagination-is-your-greatest-untapped-resource/ 
http://cindysense.com/1-reason-why-you-must-use-your-imagination
http://www.kensor.net/timw/ch4.html
http://www.fluther.com/107986/does-knowledge-foster-or-destroy-imagination/

As some of the related articles mention we have the most learned people on the globe and they produce the most imaginative work. Although at the same time imagination is lost by (possibly) following strict facts - for instance totally not taking on board opinions or imagination as a concept, although some academics do, facts are the primary focus on University, statistics, etc.

As we see children play happily, pleased by the simplest things, are we denying that, by increasing our knowledge, OF COURSE NOT, but we are not following an ideal imaginative route of course, which we should follow, it is important to foster imagination and make it a part of you, whilst gaining knowledge, creativity should not be sneered at, it is an invaluable tool and creates amazing forte.

Some are guided ABSOLUTELY by facts, although there is nothing wrong with that, you need to have imagination to be more creative, although the link between imagination and creation is non-suggestive there is an obvious link because of their similarities.

I would increase my imagination, wouldn't you?

I have always adopted a policy of creativity until I watched TV and played computer games and my creativity dissapeared for a little bit, then it came back again when I cut down my TV watching time, although there is no suggestion that TV ruins creativity, in my experience it was a barrier because you always see the physical elements and you can never imagine.

I would like to increase my imagination whilst retaining facts because I would like to create something big one day which will change the world we live in.

Thanks



Type of Intelligence for Area's of the Brain


Further Area's of Type of Intelligence 


 Which Side of the Brain are you Using?


If you see the woman spinning clockwise then you are using the right side of your brain, if anti-clockwise you are using the left side of your brain, if both you are the 14% of the US population who see her in both directions.  

To view the illusion please click on the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment