Thursday 15 December 2011

Electronics and Electrical Engineering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_engineering

Electrical Engineering Princeton University - Cloud Computing:
http://www.princeton.edu/ee/news/archive/?id=4895 

So let me explain in lamenst terms what Cloud Computing is, well - what I think it is, basically through never using server based networks before apart from on MSN Live for my e-mail, they seem to be everywhere now and Cloud Computing has taken off. My father even at one point mentioned "Putting your data on the net with one password and all your private things will easily be accessible", he isn't a computer genuis, but damn he is right.

As this Priceton article raises, Cloud Computing is amazingly bad for security and privacy and also with new Social Networking and privacy becoming a 'tool' of the last century. We are now in a position where cloud-computing has taken off big-time.

I for one, was even unaware my Curriculum Vitae, my poetry, everything I sent by e-mail was being saved on MSN's Cloud Computing Servers, rather flawed isn't it?
I for one am not happy, I even got an offer of a position today which required a knowledge of Cloud Computing, but the alien term threw me off, I know what it is, just didn't associate the term.

Security is being breached very severely, whilst Photo Hosting Websites looked like the beginning to my knowledge oh so, some time ago, now servers are everywhere and it is big power. Whose to say as my dad said that a cracker will just find out the password protecting it and gain entry, it is so easy.
Personally even a PC would possibly be safer unless your server was extremely well defended.

But this is the future (sigh)... 

Of course Cloud Computing is the 'environmental friendly' term of the computer world, like recycling, essentially all that hard-drive space will probably not go to waste, BUT NOT BE SAFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment