Thursday 15 December 2011

Psychology and Psychiatry

 Does your name dictate your life choices?



According to these two articles - they do.

The first letter can apparently "influence decision, including whom we marry and where we move". This is very interesting, so is this true for me as an example, well I'm working for the Ministry of Justice and was offered a job by the Ministry of Defence, I wouldn't mind working for them, but the majority if not all apart from the above jobs do not start with 'M', so apparently I've not wanted any of the jobs I've worked as. Oh well, I didn't mind the BBC employment, that was fun, although BBC starts wih 'B' which abbreviates, British Broadcasting Corporation.
Amazing! Yet to me perhaps this research works on some more than others, depending on their psychological thought patterns rather than a 100% certainty that everyone is the same in this issue.
Apparently letter influence (ordering of letters) influence decision and judgement too, so what does this mean, does this mean that everyone who has the letter starting with M (me for example) will be judged the same.

Now, something has occured to me, girlfriends, I have had a reasonable few, but two of my girlfriends start with 'M' - English has 26 letters, so what are the chances the majority or 1/3rd of my girlfriends start with 'M', strange huh? Maybe I am predisposed to marry someone starting with 'M' in the future.

I totally think this is non-sensical after all, but it may just happen sub conciously and maybe we think differently depending on word order and structure, maybe we can even also associate letter ordering to memory with certain patterns which will retain, odd I know.

I would like to address this further, and if you would like to learn more - please read the two URL's (Ultra Relay Links) above.

No comments:

Post a Comment